Had a strange problem, when opening an email the tools bars were missing.
There wasn't even an option to add them back in. Well, here is the fix.
1. Close all office apps.
2. Search for outcmd.dat on your computer and rename it to outcmd.old or delete it.
4. Start Outlook and all default settings are restored
Some commom problems fixed by removing outcmd.dat:
1. Outlook not opening when you click on the icon
2. Outlook taking a long time to open.
3. Out of Memory errors
4. Microsoft Error reports
5. Toolbars missing
6. Outlook freezing when opening
7. Other querks!
***Outcmd.dat stores any custom changes that you make to Outlook and toolbar buttons.
This information is provided "AS IS" with no warranties expressed or implied.