I have been asked many times, "How do I fix Windows XP". Here is a short list of things you can do to repair a Windows XP installation.
Recently I ran into a problem with HPs Share-to-Web software.
My Microsoft Office applications stop responding and the computer was acting buggy.
Here are the symptoms you may see:
After you install security update 908531 (security bulletin MS06-015), you may experience one or more of the following problems:
• You cannot access special folders such as “My Documents” or “My Pictures.”
• Microsoft Office applications stop responding when you try to save or to open Office files in the “My Documents” folder.
• Office files that are located in the “My Documents” folder cannot be opened.
• If you open a file by clicking Open on the File menu, the application stops responding.
• When you type an address in the Address box in Microsoft Internet Explorer and you then press ENTER or you click Go, nothing happens.
• When you right-click a file and then click Send To, nothing happens.
• When you expand a folder in Windows Explorer, nothing happens.
• Some third-party applications stop responding when you open or save data in the “My Documents” folder.
This script will apply a registry fix to your computer.
By default, Group Policy does not offer a facility to easily disable drives containing removable media, such as USB ports, CD-ROM drives, Floppy Disk drives and high capacity LS-120 floppy drives. However, Group Policy can be extended to use customised settings by applying an ADM template. The ADM template in this article allows an Administrator to disable the respective drivers of these devices, ensuring that they cannot be used.
I really hate balloon tips, and if you’re like me I’ll bet you hate them too. This script will disable balloon tips on any computer.