Ever since I upgraded to Windows Vista x64 I have been unable to use tsadmin to manage terminal server sessions on my servers. Well today I decided to attempt to figure out what was going on. Now apparently there are other issues noted by Microsoft in KB article 930056, but this didn't solve my problem. Here's what did though..
Where I work we have been gradually scaling mailbox sizes back to workable levels. Before each limit change, my manager always wants to know who it is going to affect ahead of time. If you just have one mailbox store, this is an easy task. I have 5 Storage groups and anywhere between 3 and 5 mailstores in each storage group, so it can take me some time for me to go through each mailstore and manually jot down everything. So I decided to dive into a little scripting.
Of recent, Windows Update has been crashing the svchost.exe causing my network drives to show up as disconnected in windows explorer. This is causing many of my applications to fail. The error I was receiving was:
Faulting application svchost.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, faulting module msi.dll, version 3.1.4000.2435, fault address 0x00012780.
I have created a simple batch file to fix this error as opposed to doing this manually.
The new Time Zone patch from Microsoft breaks an application of mine called SalesLogix. After encountering this problem and finding no answers from SalesLogix, I started doing research myself. Even after uninstalling the update, SalesLogix still failed to run. I later found this is from registry entries which the uninstaller left behind. Below is my fix for this problem as there are currently no fixes from SalesLogix
UPDATE: SalesLogix has released a fix for this. As far as I know right now, it is only in Service Pack 6. I dont know of any other way to get this fix without upgrading to the latest service pack.
UPDATE: A new Windows update has the same effect. KB931836 will have the same effect as KB928388. Luckily the fix below will fix it also.
Starting in Exchange Server 2003 SP2, the database size for your Exchange Store can now reach 75 Gigabytes. By default, Exchange Server 2003 has a default database size of 16gigs, and when you reach that limit, Exchange will finish its transactions and dismount the store. If your default store size was 16gigs and you installed Exchange 2003 SP2 and wonder why you are having these types of problems, this is because Microsoft will only increase the default store size to 18gigs. As this might sound silly, it does make perfect sense. If Microsoft automatically increased the store size to 75 gigs, it would be easy to overlook what size your store is and you could use up all the space on your hard drive.