Here is a good fix. I recently upgraded to the UM175 WWAN device from Verizon but there was a problem.
After I activated the UM175 I would get an error:
A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings for this connection. For further assistance, click more info or search help and support center for this error.
***Now, I did not get an error code but after some research I discovered that many other people were getting error codes! Most of the computers with the errors were Dell and Lenovo machines.
I called support and they were no help at all, they told me that it is s problem with WinXP and deal with it myself.
Funny how fixes come in groups? I didn’t have any for awhile and now I have many to post… But do I have the time to?
Anyway, I just setup a terminal server and some of the users had a problem with running Acrobat. It would state that there was a library error when Acrobat was opened and stated that Adobe should be reinstalled. WTF! The fix was real simple but a good one to post as I didn’t find it on Adobe’s site.
We are coming up to our 100th fix and I have been searching for a great one. This may take some time to find but if I find one in the mean time I will make sure to save it for our 100th fix. Ok, I know it's kinda geeky to get excited about the… Read More »
Wow, I had one user yesterday having a problem with word 07. Every time she closed Word it would crash. The build-in diag tools didn’t find a problem. I tracked it down to a template add-in that I was unable to remove. When removing an add-in, Word doesn’t save the settings until either Word is closed or the dialog box has accepted the changes. But every time I tried to close the dialog box Word crashed and didn’t save the changes. Here are the steps to fix this:
Ever since I upgraded to Windows Vista x64 I have been unable to use tsadmin to manage terminal server sessions on my servers. Well today I decided to attempt to figure out what was going on. Now apparently there are other issues noted by Microsoft in KB article 930056, but this didn't solve my problem. Here's what did though..